Disability Case Manager
Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Please Note: This role is Hybrid and located in Calgary
Are you passionate and actively looking to contribute to the health of Canadians? Do you want to be part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience?
As a leading provider of health benefits in Canada, Sun Life supports the health care needs of millions of Canadians. In Group Disability, our mandate is to assist our Clients, both employees and employers, in the relentless pursuit of better health.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for managing disability claims to resolution. This includes:
- Determining eligibility to short and long-term disability, salary continuance benefits and assess claims
- Implementing the right interventions to support timely recovery and return to work
- Building strong relationships with our Clients: employers and their employees
- Leading Clients during the absence and return to work period
- Driving telephone interviews to obtain information to ensure complete understanding of the absence and types of support required to assist with return to work planning
- Identifying and assess medical and non-medical influencing factors pre and post disability, functional capability, restrictions and limitations
What do you need to succeed?
- All post-secondary degrees are welcome
- Analytical and detail oriented, especially with complex claims and contracts
- Proactive and innovative
- Great communicator with authentic care and empathy touch
- Resilient and able to handle and overcome difficult and stressful situations
- Tech savvy – comfortable using multiples platforms and systems
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment, managing time effectively and efficiently
- Collaborative team player
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities to learn new skills, grow and move into different roles
- Comprehensive training program with virtual classroom and ongoing learning to be set up for success
- Trusting, diverse and inclusive working environments
- Supportive leadership who’s focused on your success and well-being
- Continuous improvements that focus on enhancing your work and our clients’ experience #makeadifference
- Sustainability commitments to create a cleaner, more inclusive and sustainable future for our communities
- We offer a number of programs and offerings to help our Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives, some of these include:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Retirement & stock investment
- Pay for performance reward
- Wellness programs, benefits and health incentives
- Paid vacation based on experience and additional days to support family care and personal emergencies
- Time off for enrichment experiences through a Sabbatical program
- Investment in not-for-profit organizations that are important to you
When a new position becomes available which matches your background and experience, the base pay range will be disclosed and correspond to the opportunity Sun Life will consider you for.
In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category:Claims - Life & Disability
Posting End Date:29/09/2023